Sunday, July 29, 2007

From My Doll Collection


On the left is Margaret; she was given to me by Miriam, Christy and Brittany Cobern, about 1995. The little doll is Charlotte Anne Tommicarr (Little Anne); when she came from Tommy Carr's shop (in the early 1980s), she was dirty and ragged, and her hair looked like a stump full of granddaddies. All my dolls' clothes were made by me, unless otherwise stated. In the picture they look like redheads, especially the little one, but they're both very blonde. Margaret has green eyes, and Anne is blue-eyed. I have a red-headed doll, though. She's wearing the bride's dress that I crocheted. That's Amanda on the right. (Amanda cost a dollar, at the dollar store that used to be in Irondale by Food World.)

~~~~~~~~~~
It's thundering in the thicket, so I guess we're having another rainy afternoon. I don't think I've ever before seen a July that I purely loved because of the weather. But we've had enough rain this month to satisfy even me. Almost. But there are still two days left. 31 - 29 = 2, right?

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the dolls. The bride dress or gorgemous!