Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy week(s) ahead

Yesterday I read Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg, Nell's choice for our December book club meeting. It's a delightful little novelette, something like Steel Magnolias without the tragedy.

This week? Ooohhhh, get me another cup of coffee........

After tomorrow, it looks like fun though still hectic. Funny, cleaning the basement seems like fun compared to The Annual Physical. My doctor always tries so hard to find something wrong with me. And he never says anything like, "How amazing! You've got the body of a 40-year-old!" Which it wouldn't hurt him to do once every ten years or so.

But I do look forward to continuing to make Christmas presents--I'm planning on giving almost totally homemade stuff this year. Use up some of these drawers-full and shelves-full of fabrics and craft thingies. But today I can only walk up and down the hall in a dither. The dictionary says a dither is a nervously excited or confused condition. I may be confused, but definitely not excited.

No comments: