Friday, December 26, 2008

A lovely Christmas day, and day after

Yesterday Jed and I enjoyed Christmas dinner of baked (smoked) ham, potato salad, green bean casserole, and a great salad with spinach, bell peppers, pine nuts and I-don't-know-what-all. Also a sweet-potato pie which I had to force myself to eat only one piece of. Then we visited Pat and India, where Buffy, Jason, Reed, Jude and Kane showed up later in the evening. Reed and I played with the little Volkswagen bug that was in the stocking I gave him. Of course, I forgot to take my camera with me.

I failed to finish quilting the Christmas quilt-wall hanging for Pat, but I took it up there and showed it to her, anyway. Promised I would finish and give it to her in the near future.


We had visited Susan and Vann at their lovely Yellow House on Christmas Eve, where Angela, Phillip and Amy came in later. I'm so fortunate to have so many wonderful children, nieces and nephews (I claim Amy, Phillip, Kane and Jude, and my great-nephews Jesse and Reed). Carrie was visiting her parents, so I didn't get to see her.
And a couple of days ago, I received an e-postcard from Caitlin in Rhode Island. It said, "I miss everyone terribly."

At right is the throw I made for Vann to add to his collection. And below is the pretty water-color (not by me) that I gave Jed.






Today we ate lunch at Chili's, shopped a bit at the Trussville malls, and wormed our way home through the sales-shopper traffic.


"Santa" brought me a beautiful new crockpot, and a movie DVD of Julius Caesar, one of my favorites. This evening I'm starting a pot of turkey soup in my crockpot.

In approximately nine hours, I'll suddenly become a year older.

No comments: