Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shackleton's Incredible Voyage

I've started reading Contact, by Carl Sagan. But a few minutes ago I received an order for Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage, by Alfred Lansing, so I'm going to try to re-read it before Monday. It's a wonderful book, about a wonderful bunch of guys.

Yesterday I made a resolution to complete and wrap one Christmas present a day until I get all the mostly ready-made gifts done, then concentrate on finishing the "projects." But today I've only wrapped Jesse's birthday gift--I mean Reed's.

Oh, well, the day is--not young, but middle-aged.


Happy Birthday to Reed, and Vann, and Me, and any other December people. Reed and Vann are lovely Sagittarii, but my birthday is much later, and I'm just an old nanny Goat.


No comments: