Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There is life after Tuesday.

My exam yesterday went OK, except for the sitting around waiting for people and running back and forth in between. Had to go to the lab twice--I think they dropped my first four vials of blood. Dr. G. sent me for ultrasound of my carotid arteries, because he said he "heard something" in my neck; probably just a frog in my throat. And a minor condition I thought might be Something turned out to be Nothing.

All of that took so long (nearly 6 hours of sitting and running), I didn't even mention the warts on my forehead, lest I couldn't get home before dark. When the Checkout asked when I wanted my next appointment, I said 2012, but had to settle for January in the year of ten. I hate appointments. Even for something good, an appointment is like a great Gordian knot hanging over my head.

The worst thing (so far) about a med exam, is that it takes several days to recover my enthusiasm for participating in civilization. I just want to crawl under the bed and cease. But there isn't room under the bed or sofa, nowhere to hide.

Old Abe (my car) hummed along like a new Mercedes. I had forgot how pleasant it is to drive up and down the highway on a nice day.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Glad the medical exam is over and all is well. You should have carried some knitting to pass the time. You looked so cute when you visited the Leeds Library the other day.
Sister Trois