Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ah! West and wewaxation at wast!

I've been making Christmas ornaments all day. Still have a few to finish, but had to quit because I couldn't see the thread or needle, due to eye strain. So I'm just resting, with my after-dinner cup of coffee. If it weren't so near bedtime, I would take a nap.

While I was sewing, I watched President Obama's Nobel award speech. I hope (and believe) that he believes everything he said, and that it wasn't just some speechwriter's hype. It was a humble but dignified speech, and I would challenge anyone to find one word of it that was wrong or unworthy of a Christian, an American, and the president of the United States.

We have Book Club meeting at the library tomorrow, and I'm making these ornaments as favors. I hope I get enough finished to give one to each member who's present. We didn't have to read a book this time; we're supposed to bring refreshments, and money to donate to the library.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

The ornaments look great. I quoted the President's speech on my Facebook page. See you Tuesday - Jed

Joanne Cage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.