Saturday, December 26, 2009

On the Feast of Stephen

No snow lies round about here. The sun shines bright. I haven't poked my head out the door yet, so I don't know how cold it is. Jed has gone to the park to run.

This is my favorite gift received, a 2010 calendar from Jed; each page has a large Native American portrait, with identification at the bottom of the page. He also gave me a new scanner, but I haven't got a photo of it yet.

Below is one of my gifts to Jed. It's a Rod McIver water-color print which I ordered from Heron Dance. It didn't arrive until Christmas Eve, but I had a couple of little things wrapped for him, just in case it was late.


Our Christmas dinner guests were Susan, Pat, India, and Buffy. Suze brought one of her out-of-this-world rum cakes, and I over-ate, as usual. I had set two tables, for eight people, but Andy, Jesse, Jason and Reed didn't come. We missed them.

Here's Pat holding up the quilt I finally finished and gave her. She wouldn't show her face. It was one of the best Christmases I've ever had. But I missed Jack. We also missed Vann, Mama and Jenny. Someday, we'll all be together.

"...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." -- Hebrews 11:1

The Hebrews is a wonderful book to read. It also says, "Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Heb. 13:1).

In 2010, I want to read the whole Bible through again, from beginning to end.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You should sign up for a "Disciple I" class. It covers the entire Bible. I did mine when Tim was our pastor and he led the class. It last 9 months, I believe and met once a week.