Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do Guardian Angels Like Their Job?









I was thinking about the times I believe my guardian angel has rescued me from peril. For some reason, it occurred to me that the heavenly creature may not even like me, but keeps an eye out for me anyway. I know that I don't have the most comfortable and inviting personality in the world, and I was a wicked, wicked child. If I were convinced that I'm a sore trial to my angel, I might be wondering, with Robert Frost, "how to take the curse, tragic or comic."

I think I would just apologize and try to mend myself: be more sensible, sociable, practical, farsighted, industrious, brave, pious, and so forth.

Hoping to make his/their job a bit easier.





1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I figure we have more than one guardian angel. They have to work in shifts, have off days and vacations. A 24/7 guardian angel would not last with me.