Saturday, December 5, 2009

The White Stuff That Fell To Earth

We did get some snow last night. At 8:30, when I woke up and looked outside, each post on my deck had a little mound of snow on top. The deck looked like a skating rink, with ice and frozen snow all over.
*
Tomorrow my great-nephew Reed Agan will be four years old, and I hear there's a birthday party on the agenda. (Uh oh, if it's a surprise party, I hope Reed doesn't read this! I wouldn't be surprised if he did--you never know what that guy can do until he does it.)

Pinky-Promise: This is ab-so-lute-ly my last purchase in 2009. Don't know what I'll do with all the money I saved on it! I hope to have my kitchen refurbished by Christmas, and this is the new color combination.

Today and tomorrow, I plan to give Miss Sylvia a makeover and finish her Christmas outfit. I don't know how old this doll is, but I would guess 1950s.
*
Speaking of makeovers, next week my car is going to get a new battery and a new tire or two, and inside-out cleaning and polishing and all that. "But right now, I need me a ri-ide! My uncle used to love me, but she died--" It won't start again, so I guess I'll get Murray's to come start it one more time, and I'll just stay in it and drive it around until the new cables we ordered arrive.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

That ... rug ... is absolutely beautiful. Took me a while to realize it was a rug and not just a beautiful circle. It looks really good with the B&W tile.

Trois

Joanne Cage said...

I'm going to set the table on it, and I want to paint those maple chairs black.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I was just about to ask what that pretty thing is. Now I know it's a rug. Gorgeous!