Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye, Old Year...

2009 is closing. Who'd 'a' thought it? I guess, emotionally, I live somewhere in the 1960s or '70s; haven't caught up to the years, yet. Yet I have completed 75 years of my journey here. I hope I can make at least spiritual progress in each one that I have left, the Dear knows how many that may be. If I can improve spiritually, any other improvements will be gravy. Eleemosynary, one of Mark Twain's favorite words.

Yesterday and today I re-set my eBay account, and have listed one item for sale. In the New Year, I hope to rid my home of a lot of flotsam and jetsam, without acquiring any more nonessentials. I've probably got enough clothes (except shoes and underclothes), furniture and books to last me about a hundred years; one cat, after whom I don't want any more; and a home in this wonderful house without having to make a huge house payment every month. My cup runneth over, truly.

2009 was a sad year for the Three Ramey Sisters, in different ways, yet we share the losses and reverses in our hearts, and are thankful that we have each other. December, the month of Christmas and my birthday, was so wonderful! I don't have the words to express my love and gratitude to my family and friends who made it so.


Is anyone else reminded of Gordy Ramey's grin?

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Looks like Harrison Ford to me!

buffy said...

Jed looks so handsome in that picture!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yeah Harrison Ford or what Liam Neeson would look like if he ever smiled.