Monday, January 4, 2010

Almost Ready To Quit

So far, 2010 is not off to a good start. I've spent today in futile pursuits. Before noon, I started the car to make sure it was working. I showered and dressed, fixed lunch and ate it, packed a book to add to the one I was unsuccessful in mailing last week, and the car wouldn't start.

Disgusted with 90% of everything, I decided to sign up for Endicia, an online postage printing service, so I could hand the packages to the mailman tomorrow. (It was already too late for the mail run today.) After a couple of hours of downloading their software and figuring out how to print a label, I found that it wouldn't accept my password, and it locked my account when I tried to reset the password.

So I deleted all that mess, and signed up for the USPS Post Office online system, which only took about half an hour. When I started to print a label, I found that it would only print express or priority mail labels, minimum price $14.95 per package to mail two little paperbacks.

I decided that tomorrow morning, I'll call Murray's to come and get the car and put in a new battery. But if I remember correctly, I tried to buy a new battery about a year ago, and they said the battery cable wires were too short to attach to a new battery. Anyway, I guess I'll try it again.

Then Betty White called me, and the phone in the office wouldn't work.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I find myself laughing now. I'll cry tomorrow, if it's anything like today.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Lord have mercy!!!! Can't they put on new battery cables? I might go out after while. I have a prescription to pick up. If I go, I'lll call you and I can take your package to the p.o. and mail it.

JD Atlanta said...

I'm sorry Mom. But call the Licoln place and see if they can get you battery cables!!