Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hi, Noon!

One of those mornings when I sleep so long, and so soundly, that Mo gets worried and starts scratching my face to see if I'm alive. When I finally surfaced, I thought it must have been raining for me to have slept so long, but no, just cloudy with an occasional ray of sunshine.



The weather person said we'll get strong storms tonight and perhaps tornadoes. The way things have been going lately, maybe all of us around here ought to sleep in our basements tonight. I guess old Pluto is sitting back laughing at us.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Castle Rock gets blown up in the ending of Needful things as I recall. The SK grapevine had it that this was going to be the last Castle Rock book. But this evil little town has shown up in other books since then, not as a major location but as still in existence.
My favorite SK book is The Shining. I love scary books that take place in the snow. Misery is a good one too.

Regarding editing these days. I think it's a lost art, as is proofreading. Looks like the writer is on his own, doesn't it? Nothing spoils a good reading session for me like bunches of typos or logistic blunders.

Joanne Cage said...

The bridge, the courthouse and several business sites got blown up, but not the whole town.

I wonder if he wrote another book with Alan (the surviving sheriff in NT) as the hero, as at the crazy end of this book, Alan seemed to have acquired supernatural powers.