Saturday, January 23, 2010

Doggy Days

Miss Gretchen has been here most of the day. I've got to call Ramey and let her know before it gets late. Gretchen is such a nice little dog, well-behaved in the house. She knows which piece of furniture she's allowed to sit/lie on. I even took her outside for a while, with an old belt for a leash, and she did pretty well, pulled a little, but would stop when I told her to.
*
Joanne B., the FCDF lady in Moody, has a dog listed that catches my interest, a female 2-year-old yellow lab mix with all the shots, bells and whistles. They call her Amber, and at least in the photo, she looks like one of us. I like pets that look familiar, which is to say they look like pets that have been in the family before. Amber's face looks like Ginger, Nemo and Monty. She also favors Buck, who didn't get to be a family dog, but I liked him a lot. Joanne wrote that she's very well-behaved, house trained, and will walk with you without a leash--which I wouldn't expect her to do, though.
[Sunday morning: Joanne B. finally answered my emails, and said Amber was adopted last weekend. J.B. was probably waiting to see if the "adoption" went through. Almost makes me want to cry, but I won't.
When Buffy came to get Gretchen last night, G. was lying on her "blanket" on the sofa. She raised her head, but didn't bark or get up and run to the door. I think that's a first for her.]
*
One reason I'm glad Gretchen comes here a lot, is that Mo is getting to be more and more tolerant of her, so maybe he'll tolerate "our" dog someday. The FCDF.org site lists many appealing animals that need a permanent home. But I just want a dog that won't bark or "go" in the house. And I don't even want that, when I'm at myself.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I guess Mo is doing OK, huh? The doggie, Amber, is very pretty.