Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Favorite Movie: Titanic, 1997

This link http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/titanic.php has some fascinating photos and information about the actual Titanic passengers and the actors who portrayed them in the 1997 film. Some of the actors resemble the real characters that they played; Kathy Bates looks sort of like Molly Brown, and Victor Garber like Mr. Andrews who designed the real Titanic. The article tells that there was a real J. Dawson on the ship, but he was an employee and his name wasn't Jack. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this movie. Wish I had it on DVD.

Kathy Bates would get my vote for best actress anywhere, any time.



















1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I enjoyed it, but not as much as some people. But I bet you could find it used for very little $.