Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cloudy Sunday

Gretchen is sitting on the deck, trying to decide whether she wants to be inside or outside. The sky and the TV say it's going to rain--flood warnings everywhere.

*
When I started this blog three years ago, I only wanted a blog because everyone else had one. That's the same reason I signed up for Facebook. Ever since 2007, I've hunted for comments on my blog, which I seldom ever get except from the family--which I appreciate! Anyway, I've decided to go back to my original blogging purpose, which is a sort of diary, so I can look back and see what happened when, like when it snowed, and which flowers bloomed when--very few, very seldom. What books I started writing and abandoned, and which dogs I wanted and didn't get.
*
I'm still regretting that I didn't keep Buck. He was such a sweet dog. If he and I would have slept for 24 hours after that first exhausting night, I'd probably still have him.


Or maybe I'd be going around in a wheelchair instead of hopping on an occasionally sore foot.
*

Anyhow, I'm starting over, I think. From now on, when I'm sure I want something, or want to do something, I'm gonna get it or do it. So there. And I'm not ashamed of talking to myself on the computer.

4 comments:

knitwit said...

I enjoy reading your blog; I guess I should leave some comments. I found your blog via your sister Susan's . Its very interesting for me to hear about life in Alabama as I live far away in Canada.
Ruth

Luvs2quilt said...

Hey, Jo,,,I have left a few comments, and I really also enjoy reading your blog because living in PA is far different than PA, so my advice is, write what you want, when you want, and enjoy life, no matter what you think other people think!!! Jeanne in PA

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks, Ruth and Jean, for visiting and leaving comments!

Ramey Channell said...

I enjoy reading your blog because I live two blocks away, and things can seem very different at this distance! Like Gretchen, for example; up here on the hill, she's bossy and truculent. At your house she's sweet and endearing.

And I love to hear news of your chipmunks.

Ramey