Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Down and Dirty

Made another stab at the basement today. The stairs have nails (points) sticking out at the bottom of the risers. If I can get the stairs ready to be painted and/or carpeted, and get the rest of the junk hauled out to the curb, I'll call it My Work Done, as far as the basement goes.
*
On Politics: I call myself an apolitical being. However, I did vote for our honorable President Obama, and several before him, for which I repent from time to time. Now that this one has insulted Netanyahu and barred Billy Graham's son from the Pentagon prayer meeting, I'm wishing I could take my vote back. Whether or not those were the right things to do, from whatever standpoint, I strongly object to them. And if he promised to divide Jerusalem, which is controversial, I'm prepared to call that strongly objectionable, too.

Shades of "The West Wing!"

None of the above inspires me to run to the Republicans or any other kind of icons. So hear this, ye vote-seekers: I'll never vote for another one, I guar-on-tee.

I hope this declaration exempts me from expectations of further political action or discussion.
*
On other fronts, not much is going on today. We had some rain last night, which was nice. I've got a big tomato plant which grew up on its own in my back flower bed, so I'm gonna go give it some plant food.

5 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Here's a quick report I found on Google about the event:

WASHINGTON — Evangelist Franklin Graham's invitation to speak at a Pentagon prayer service has been rescinded because his comments about Islam were inappropriate, the Army said Thursday.

Graham, the son of famed evangelist Billy Graham, in 2001 described Islam as evil. More recently, he has said he finds Islam offensive and wants Muslims to know that Jesus Christ died for their sins.

Army spokesman Col. Tom Collins said Graham's remarks were "not appropriate."

"We're an all-inclusive military," Collins said. "We honor all faiths. ... Our message to our service and civilian work force is about the need for diversity and appreciation of all faiths."

The Military Religious Freedom Foundation had raised the objection to Graham's appearance, citing his past remarks about Islam.

Joanne Cage said...

I wonder whom they prayed to.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It was the Pentagon that rescinded the invitation for Franklin Graham. Not President Obama. Franklin Graham is not his father.
I don't know anything about him insulting Netan-whatchamacallit or dividing Jerusalem, but please check out these things before you let them upset you. Most of them are rumors perpetrated by people who hate him.
And Muslims pray to God, just like we do. There are Muslims who do bad things, just as there are Christians who do bad things.

Joanne Cage said...

Billy Graham is Franklin Graham's father. The Pentagon could not have barred Graham without the President's approval.

I saw the Netanyahu thing on more than one TV channel and read about it on Google news, and I DO NOT watch Fox news. The "rumor" about dividing Jerusalem has been going on for at least a year and a half, and I haven't said anything about it, and even now I said that the truth of it is controversial. But the Administration hasn't specifically denied it.

I don't hate Muslims. I've always loved the Muslim people. But Israel is about the only ally this country has left, for one thing. I won't mention the other thing, but it's in the Bible, which seems to be getting rather unpopular to quote.

Joanne Cage said...

P.S. I also don't hate President Obama. I pray for him in my daily prayers.