Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Consolation

Yesterday the garbage truck scattered some of the trash on the curb, and I spent a harrowing hour or so trying to clean it up (the trash truck probably comes on Thursday, though I thought it was Tuesday). I was so irritated, that I decided to console myself by buying something. Sometimes that's all that works.


I haven't bought it, but I may decide to bid on it--a full set, to replace my inadequate hodgepodge of "everyday" flatware:


Oneida "Louisiana," that I've always wanted.

6 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Hey Mom - I'm sorry to hear about your trash travails. I stacked the sawdust on the yard-side of the other stuff - the garbage truck must have jumped 4' onto the grass to hit the sawdust!! But stuff like this happens when you're having fun.

Think twice about that flatware. You don't need it - put exactly what you would have bid in the bank. You'll get much more peace of mind having something in reserve than you ever would from more dishes!!

Joanne Cage said...

The current bid is $15.50, and I wouldn't bid much more than that. I probably won't bid at all. This is an old pattern from the 1950s.

I probably shifted the sack of sawdust when I put the trash can on the curb.

Joanne Cage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the flatware.

Luvs2quilt said...

My vote, Jo, is buy it....it is pretty, and gracious...that money in the bank is not going to do anything....but enjoying beautiful flatware..priceless..

Ramey Channell said...

I love the flatware. Dear JD probably thought you were talking about sterling silver. That would have been a substantial outlay of funds.

I personally need more Oneida stainless steel. Somehow almost all my spoons have disappeared, and I cant remember the name of my pattern I've had it so long.