Monday, May 3, 2010

A Stage and Screen Dynasty, Shrinking


Lynn Redgrave has died of breast cancer. She was the daughter of Sir Michael Redgrave (1908-1985), and younger sister of Vanessa and Corin Redgrave.
*
Corin was a successful British actor who died in April 2010. His daughter Jemma Redgrave is also an actress.









Vanessa Redgrave is now 73 years old. She is the mother of actresses Joely Richardson, and the late Natasha Richardson who died in December 2009. The only movie I saw Natasha in was Nell, with Liam Neeson and Jodie Foster. I thought she was very beautiful.
*
Vanessa starred in the film Julia, opposite Jane Fonda, and won an Academy award for the role. Julia is one of my all-time favorite movies, not least because of Jane Fonda who portrayed Lillian Hellman, narrator of Julia's story.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Vanessa, her niece Jemma Redgrave and daughter Joely Richardson are, as far as I know, all the surviving actors in this great thespian clan.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I thought Lynn was the prettiest one of the bunch, and she was always cheerful and charming. Wish she had made more movies.

Joanne Cage said...

She was very pretty with her mouth closed. I think her teeth sort of dimmed her looks. They were/are all a good-looking bunch.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I thought Natasha was pretty too, and I felt so sorry for Liam when she died. Lynn was pretty too. Vanessa, not so much.