Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Atrophy or dry rot?

I don't know what's wrong with my brain. I've been trying for a week to watch a DVD starring my son the Engineer, and all I get is "No Disc." I've only got 3 remotes, and I think they're all programmed to fight each other. Think I'll go drink a glass of wine. Or take a nap. Or walk around under the trees. Or tear something up.

Reading in July 1998:

Lorna Doone, by R.D. Blackmore (Very good. ... Best in July.)
The Children Sing, by McKinlay Kantor (...very reminiscent of our Globus tour in England. ...the ending was delightful... I almost want to read it again.)
Word for Word (Column) by Andrew W. Rooney (Supposed to be humorous)
A White House Diary, by Lady Bird Johnson (Good biography, or memoir)
Dances With Wolves, by Michael Blake (Very good)

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

You could try to put the Honeywell DVD in your computer. It may be that it's not a DVD--maybe they sent you a CD instead. I'll take a look at it when I get there.

Jed