Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday movie

A week or so ago, I received "The Dollmaker" video I had ordered, and I watched it today. I guess I had never seen it before, because I thought the ending was different. The video was true to the book, except the ending was a little more upbeat. That is, it promised to be better, because Gertie's dad had died and left her the home place, but it wasn't certain that her old mama wouldn't sell it before what was left of the family could get home.

Jane Fonda is, or was, an excellent actress.

Books I read in February 1998, with comments:

The House Between the Worlds, by Marion Zimmer Bradley (somewhat feeble)
Gad's Hall, by Norah Lofts (Blah)
The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton (OK--Dullish)
Witch, by Barbara Michaels (Haunted house--Good)
The Old Priory, by Norah Lofts (Tedious) {What did I expect, reading such stuff?}
Master-Class, by Morris West (Very Good)
Stitches in Time, by Barbara Michaels (About a haunted quilt. About as silly as it sounds.)
Eminent Victorians, by Lytton Strachey (Worth Reading Again - Best of Feb.)
The Ebony Swan, by Phyllis A. Whitney (Pretty good ghost/murder mystery)
Airframe, by Michael Crichton (Very Good)
The Fountain Overflows, by Rebecca West (Good)

No comments: