Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Wait a minute--It's stopped hailing!"

Susan tagged me and Andy to post five songs we're embarrassed to admit that we like. I've put mine in a list (in the left column). Susan's own list is great; my favorite is "Goodbye, Earl." My first song in the list, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," isn't embarrassing except that it's a kid's song, but I couldn't leave it out, as I like it so well.

The embarrassing part about "Hello, Darlin'" is that I get tears behind my nose when he says, "Goodbye, darlin'." The others--well, just listen to them. If someone asked you, "Do you really like that song?" would you say, "Uh, HUH!" Or would you just slink away?

Nose, get back to the grindstone (shoveling out the house for the meeting on Friday).









3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Well, I left you a comment last night, but Blogger was acting up and wouldn't post my comment, so I'm gonna test this one before I write it all again.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

OK, it took that one, so here goes. I don't remember what all I said exactly except that I was amazed to see that James Brown and Pavoratti had done a duet. Very cool it was too. And I blessed the souls of the two of them and Conway. Then I got into the fact that I should have named "Stand by Your Man" as one of my songs because I love it although people say it's sexist. And then I blessed Tammy's soul too. Oh, and I pointed out that Penny of Lavender Hill Studio had named the camp song as one of hers. That's all, I think. Have a great day. I still haven't read that book and I have 40,000 people coming tomorrow.

Ramey Channell said...

I always envied that cowboy hat of yours.
Also, every single time I leave a comment on your blog, Susan's or Buffy's, I have to "Sign up here" for a new account. My user name and password never work

3rd Sister