Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whatever is...

...is probably best left alone and not thought about too much. While I was so happy to see the rain this morning, how was it affecting someone else? When I drove to the P.O. and the pharmacy, I had to be extra-extra careful, because all the I-20 traffic was evidently being routed through Leeds. The big-truck drivers were being polite, as usual, and letting the town traffic go, turn, etc., ahead of them, or I would still be stuck in it somewhere. So I figured there must have been a bad wreck on the interstate, maybe caused or assisted by the rain.

My first project in the art room was dragging an old cabinet out of my bedroom (which about a year ago had been dragged up from the basement), cleaning and repairing it, and starting to paint it. I painted the top, and it's sort of a mess, but at least I got that far.

And I heard that Joe Biden will be the Demo VP nominee, so I feel just a fraction better about that situation. Just a fraction. I had half-assumed that they would pick another "cute" unknown.

Added at 4:20 p.m.:
A Prize, sort of!

Amazon.com has an illustrated list of "The Top 1000 Customer Provided Images in Books." I didn't know it existed until someone mentioned it on the Amazon Soapbox forum. I had never paid much attention to voting for best images, except to check to see if my photo of Henry James On Italy got any votes--which it hadn't, last time I checked.


Anyway, one of my photos is #100 on AZ's list! It's a picture of a cookbook whose cover almost makes you want to eat it. That is, if you like lasagna. I sold this book several months ago.

No comments: