Friday, August 22, 2008

Just another ordinary Friday

Been working on the painting room. Yesterday I made the mistake of stopping by the antique store (behind the Regions bank) to look at tables, and sadly found the table of every (shabby-chic) antique-lover's dreams. $1,700.00. So I came home and transferred the kitchen table to the art room and patted myself on the back for saving seventeen hundred dollars. Now I've got to move the office table to the kitchen, which involves taking the legs off and rolling the top the length of the house. The old window standing on the table will eventually go on the wall. I'm waiting for that to happen, meanwhile hunting another 50-lb. picture hanger.

Yesterday I started reading Sarum by Edw. Rutherfurd. It must be 20 years since I first read it. Maybe I'll finish it by Christmas.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love that book. I read it eight or nine years ago.