Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Empty Houses

Somebirdy threw away a perfectly good nest. Or maybe the wind, or a vandal bird, dislodged it.

I added it to the row of town-birdhouses on the porch rail.
*

Here's my first rose, just opening.

The other day I saw a bird fly up to a tree with what looked like a whole Kleenex in its beak. There ought to be a poem in that.
*
I almost forgot. My TV won't work. The cable box won't come on, and all I get without it is static. I checked to see if it's unplugged, and it wasn't. I tried all my many remote controls, and nothing seems to work. I thought if I left it alone for 24 hours, it might heal itself, but it didn't.

Weds., 4/14/10 - The cable box was dead. They brought me a new one.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Have you reset it? Turn the box off and wait a few minutes then turn it back on? I have to do that all the time. If you can't get it to work, call the cable co. They'll tell you how to reset it.

JD Atlanta said...

If that doesn't work, call the cable company! When I was there, I noticed that some of the shows were "choppy," which could be a sign the box is going bad. Yell at them until they give you a new cable box!

Ramey Channell said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the bird nest. Sorry about the cable box.
Trois