Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soup's on!


I've got a pot of chicken-vegetable soup on the stove, but I'm too hungry to wait for it to simmer long enough. I'll probably eat an orange or some peanuts to hold me until a decent dinner hour.
*
I've got several peony plants with big buds; hope they open up nicely instead of shriveling, as some of them did last year. The hydrangea plants all survived the winter and are leafing out, the six I planted last year plus three or four old plants. I hardly expect the new ones to bloom, they're so small, but you never know until it happens or doesn't.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I'm just about to go to the grocery store and buy the ingredients for tomato soup. I'm going to break down and put some heavy cream in this time - about 1/2 as much as the recipe calls for, anyway.

Don't sell my Pat Garrett book!

Hope you're well - see you soon - Jed