Monday, April 26, 2010

Quotations


Aristotle: It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.:
*
George Burns: Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
*
Winston Churchill: History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
*
Rodney Dangerfield: Life is just a bowl of pits.
*
Ralph Waldo Emerson: Children are all foreigners.
*
Gandhi: Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
*
Joe Gores: Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. [See top photo.]
*
John Lennon: Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
*
Oscar Wilde: I was working on ... one of my poems all the morning, and I took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again.
*
Rose Nylund: You never know how much you love a man till you see him streaking toward the earth, trying to grab a bird.
*

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That last one is one of my favorite Rose quotes.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Jo, did you know that there is a miniature form of the AIredale. It's called a Welsh Terrier. My friend in California, Nicole (Sister's Choice blog) has two of them. Sophie and Ozzie. They're much smaller than an airedale but look so much like one. Since they're terrier, there's no shedding. But Nicole has had some problems with Ozzie chewing things, especially expensive designer shoes.

Joanne Cage said...

I've seen the Welsh terrier on TV on dog shows. When I get one, I'll be sure to hide all my expensive designer shoes - LOL!

Thanks, Suze