Monday, November 25, 2013

Update On the Dolls


After their wedding last year, Ned and Beauty lived at Graymont for a while. The whole family is more comfortable living in the country, and they talked and argued about selling the house close to town.

Little Maybelle Buff-Orpington is clairvoyant, or so she says. During one of the debates about selling the house, Maybelle took command of the situation.

"I tell you what's going to happen," she said. "Ned and Beauty are going to adopt me, and the three of us will live in the house by ourselves until Beauty's baby is born, and then there'll be four of us. We'll be a family."

Ned looked at Beauty. "Is there something you want to tell me, my dear?" he said.

"I--," Beauty began, but was interrupted by Maybelle.

"Furthermore," said the tiny autocrat, "I'm going to have flowered paper on my walls, and all the things I like best to furnish the house." Then she left the room, followed by indignant stares from the family.


That was several months ago. Now the Dolls' house is getting decorated for Christmas. The leaning column has been fixed more than once, but somehow leans again when no one is looking.

Beauty is decorating a tree in the living room.

The bookcase is out of the picture, but Ned is looking for a reference book he needs for his law studies. (That's another story.)
 
 
Maybelle is talking to Spot, who is one of the things she liked best and brought with her from Graymont. She didn't really change much about the house except for her new wallpaper, and a new bathroom set to replace the old noisy fixtures.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love this dollhouse! I think flowered wallpaper would be just the ticket! It's okay to change your mind about selling it. If your heart is not in the selling, it's not time to do it. I do love the idea of turning the dining room into a craft room. If we still lived in the house that Laura was born in, I would probably do that too! Alas, we live in a 2-bedroom apartment, but my closet is HUGE and holds all of my craft things! Just need to move my sewing machine to the dining table when I need it. Have a wonderful day! Hugs...

Ramey Channell said...

It's great hearing from the doll family, and I love the new bathroom fixtures! Hope they have a merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

I love the stories about the Doll Family! I love the tiny pieces you have some of the have such detail when you see them up close it is unbelievable. I love the bathroom and the tiny towels hanging in there.

I have been on vacation (from work) and I haven't read your posts in a while, today I read them all, so would also like to say I hope you feel better soon.