Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tom Baker, My Favorite Dr. Who

His brother George played Tiberius in the 1976 "I, Claudius" TV series.
***

Yesterday I did get all the reno work done on the dollhouse. The new bathroom set arrived, but the new doll family is still on the way. Today I've been dusting and cleaning the furnishings, washing rugs and arranging furniture. And realizing that I can't possibly sell the dollhouse. Too bad, Dave. I'll give the new family to the little girls for a Christmas present, and I'll try to find a smaller house online and persuade Dave to buy it for them.

My decision is based partly on concern for the little girls' safety: There are so many nails and straight pins, not to mention tiny swallowable/chokable items in my dollhouse, it's not suitable for small children. Yeah, that's it.
***

Well, I guess I was wrong about Tom and George Baker being brothers. Wikipedia says George was born in Bulgaria, while Tom was born in Liverpool. It says George did appear in one Doctor Who episode; maybe that's what made me think they were brothers.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I loved Tom Bakers' scarf! I think I'll try knitting one like it. I do love David Tennant, but Matt Smith has my heart! Who doesn't love bow ties and a fez?