Tuesday, November 12, 2013

More Or Less. . .

I've cleaned out and organized the chest of drawers in the foyer, and I don't know what all. Now the water from the kitchen faucet only runs in a tiny trickle, and a plumber is on the way. It's always something.

Dave and Mary Lou cleaned all the windows today, and Mary Lou cleaned all the mirrors she could find. That girl is a cleaning machine, and she's going to come back and help me some more in days to come.

I threw away all the old beat-up plastic blinds except the one in my bathroom. I rehung the dining room and kitchen curtains, and hung some old heavy drapes in the office. That leaves the living room and guest room windows that need some kind of non-sheer coverings. I'm thinking natural wood blinds for the living room. My bedroom is so dark, the woven wood blinds I've got in there will do for the present.

Dave still wants the dollhouse. His grand-daughters are aged three and seven now, and he said he'd pick up the house closer to Christmas. That'll give me time to fix it up some more. And give me some Christmas spending money. All the Doll family have gone to live at Graymont, anyhow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the Doll family. I love their little house and story.

Joanne Cage said...

I'll catch up on the lives of the Dolls sometime soon. Quite a lot has transpired over the past year.