Saturday, November 30, 2013

Breathe and blow

Looking back over the week, I remember that one day, probably Tuesday, maybe Monday and Tuesday both, we had a light cold rain, around in which I ran outside, off and on, without an umbrella. So Wednesday I developed a light cough, and by Thursday I had this horrible sore throat. So I spent all day yesterday drinking honey and lemon juice, and this morning I've just got a really nasty cold. But at least my throat feels a lot better.

So don't let anyone tell you that running around outside without a coat or umbrella won't give you a cold. When it's cold and raining.

It's been so long since I had a really bad cold, at first I didn't recognize the symptoms.
*
2:20 p.m.: Now, working on my second box of Kleenex, I am totally miserable.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Daddy always told us you catch cold through your elbows.