Friday, November 15, 2013

Re: Cage Family

Purvis. Aunt Pearl and Uncle Ludwig's last name was Purvis. Julius and I visited them in Jackson, MS. Their son Jimmy, his wife Anne, and their terrifying toddler son Mike. When we walked into their house, Mike aimed his bow and arrow at me and said, "I'm going to kill you!" Jimmy looked sheepish and said, "He means it!"

Jimmy Purvis looked like this picture of J. Smits:

Maybe not that handsome, but enormous, with copper and black coloring.

It's odd: Grand-Daddy Cage (Julius Theodore) had blond hair, turning white. So did Aunt Emma.  Willa had sort of dark red hair, natural or not, and the rest of them that I knew were so gray-headed, you couldn't tell much about their coloring. An old photograph of Aunt Margie looks very dark-haired and light skinned (and extremely pretty). So their dad must have been fair-colored. I think this is a photo of Margie:

 
***
 
On the other hand, this could be a photo of Flora Walker Cage's sister Carrie. I know it's the oldest sister of either Jack or Flora. But I believe it's Margie.
 

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Bows don't kill people. Arrows kill people. :)

Joanne Cage said...

Like.