Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cold and Lonely

Seeing the numerous squirrels' nests in the bare oak trees makes me sad and sorry for the little fellows. Wonder why they don't nest in the pines, where they'd have a little bit of a wind-break. I guess they're just not as architecturally savvy as the intelligent hawks, whose nest is in the highest crook of one of the pine trees.

Yesterday, driving around, I saw pure-dee flocks of what I thought were hawks, but I decided they were just the crows who have grown so huge around here. "Pure-dee" reminds me of Don Snow, who once told an inquiring client in the Social Security office, "Whah, SSAh is pure-dee ol' welfare!"

Speaking of snow, we're still getting flurries when one of those fleecy clouds passes in front of the sun. And cold--I mean!

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I hear you about the cold weather! I'm wearing a hat indoors (yes, the same hat I wore when I destroyed that turkey). And I'm missing some human conversation, too.

But I will say that if you are going to catch a cold, this was the right time to do it. I've been sleeping 12 hours a day or more (and plan to do the same tomorrow). My cold is in the stage where I'm kind of dopy and blowing my nose a lot. That's usually the beginning of the end of the cold. So maybe I'll be feeling human again when the snow melts.

Stay warm! Call me if anything happns, or if anything doesn't happen for that mattter. -- Jed