Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting Somewhere

Spent a couple of hours this morning on the manuscript, clearing up some junk. Thanks to Ramey for the article on agents who accept queries. I explored three of them, but 2 of the urls go to websites and I couldn't figure out where to send a query. The third one only accepts queries by snail mail. Don't know yet just what I'll do about it, but I'm glad to have the information. The trouble is, I can't quit making changes, and buckle myself down to writing the end of the novel, not yet.
*
After I got the cars started the other day, I went down every few hours to start them again. The second time I tried to start the Lincoln, it wouldn't. I guess it needs a new battery, among all the other stuff it needs.

On Sunday (January 30) I've invited the sisters and their entourages here for Sunday dinner. We've decided to take turns feeding each other on the last Sunday of each month.

Joe W. has started a poetry critique group at his home in Odenville to meet once a month. The first meeting is set for February 20, a Sunday afternoon. Seems it will be a small group, and I'm looking forward to it. We're supposed to bring a poem we're still working on or have recently completed, to discuss any problems and/or ask for comments.

So, in 2011 I'll have somewhere to go/something to do at least twice a month, to get me out of the house and into human contact.

5 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Writer's groups can be fun - I hope yours has plenty of throughtful people (with manageable egos).

I will be in Las Vegas this weekend. So I may need some free food when I get back!

Joanne Cage said...

Wish you could be here Sunday for dinner! Be careful in Vegas--make sure you can get out.

As far as I know now, the poetry group will be only a few of us who have no ego--or manage to hide it if we've got it.

Ramey Channell said...

Mulling over choices, agents, possibilities, options, necessities, etc. is, as Mick Jagger said, a frustrating mess. Hope you achieve an ending for your book soon. Then, just ship it off! Or, if necessary, query first. It's such a lengthy, drawn-out process ... but with a good story, it's worth it ... I think.

I'm looking forward to the poetry group too.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Can't wait for Sunday. My mouth is already watering.
I have had an idea for a mystery book series (sort of like Southern Sisters but not). It's about a forensic sketch artists who gets into victims' minds to draw her amazingly accurate sketches. If I can get all or most of my UFOs finished, I might write as my next big project.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh Pooh! I was hoping Jed would be here Sunday.