Thursday, January 27, 2011

I, Mechanic

I often talk about some appliance or other "healing itself" after it wouldn't work for a time. Actually, what happens, I guess, is that I keep punching, kicking, and fiddling with the things until sometimes they go back to the way they were. Anyway, both the printer and the camera seem to be working now.

One of my UFOs was a drawer full of fabric rosettes that we quilt people call yo yos. I got tired of that project so quick it was funny. Yesterday I was about to throw away the remains of an old crocheted rag rug that was coming all to pieces from the center out. Instead, I tacked some of those yo yos over the holes. So it can be a rug again for a while.

I count this as a UFO Bust, because I stuffed the rest of the yo yos in a pretty tote bag that I'm going to donate next time the EC truck comes around, and I'll never have to look at them again.

I've only been awake for about an hour and I still feel dopey. Need more coffee. After I get limbered up, I'll try to work on the book. Or the leaf quilt. Or something.


No comments: